Feeling outdoorsy? Here are 12 ways things you can do at Big Lagoon State Park:
1. Start a colossal seashell collection.
2. Take a canoe along the Intracoastal.
3. Bring your fishing pole and catch a flounder or two.
4. Eat a picnic under the pavilion.
5. Go for a wade along the water’s edge.
6. Make smores around the campfire.
7. Climb the observation tower for a panoramic view of Big Lagoon
8. Hike along one of the many nature trails.
9. Relax on the beach and feel the sand in your toes.
10. Watch migrating birds pass through. Make sure to stop by the Ranger station to pick up a pair of binoculars.
11. Go crabbing at Little Lagoon Pass.
12. Watch the sun set on the horizon.
Big Lagoon State Park is located at 12301 Gulf Beach Highway. For more information, call (850) 492-1595 or visit www.FloridaStateParks.org.
There's so much to do on and around our 16-miles-long island paradise, there's no way you can experience it all in just one stay. To help you make the most of your Eden vacation, we've picked a few of our favorite experiences that we hope will become precious memories for you too. If you have a question, or don't see what you're looking for, please let us know. We want to make sure that each memory of your Eden vacation is truly magical.